Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why and How, me?

Isaiah 55:8, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."
I look around and wonder why we are not working harder, as Christians, to see the lost saved.
As I was reading my bible, I was reminded of something; some do not believe they can be used of God for mighty things because of certain lacks in their life. I know for myself, I'm amazed that He can do what He does, but that's exactly the point, He wants to do it so He can show His power.
I'm constantly amazed by what God does through me. I actually sometimes have the chance to see it happen right in front of my eyes and I shake my head in amazment that He can do His work with the likes of me.
In the old testament, sin had to be attoned for with a blood sacrifice, the killing of a flawless animal. The whole procession had to be done by the priests, which they were the only ones allowed in the temple where God's presence would be to forgive and to give guidance.
In the new testament, otherwise known as the new covenant, God chooses shephards to go to the place where Jesus, God manifested in the flesh, was born. There they were, dirty, hungry, tired and not very educated. Yet, God chose them to see the Messiah's arrival.
What about Mary? She was very young, a teenager. She was just an innocent child. What had she done in her life to be used of God? She didn't have a doctorate in theology, she might not of even been able to read or write.
The disciples... fishermen, tax collector (those are the ones I know). These were not considered briliant people in their days, yet God obviously used them mightily.
Are you holding back on God because you don't see how he could use you? Are you keeping quiet about the Gospel for fear you won't know the answers to their questions? Who are you putting your faith in? You or God?
If you are a child of God, saved, born again, His Holy Spirit lives in you. You have the same potential as Paul did.
Jesus said it best in the garden of Gethsemane, "the spirit indeed is willing , but the flesh is weak."
Matthew 10:19 says, "But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak." and I remind you of the first scripture I gave you, Isaiah 55:8, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD." another I find encouraging to keep pressing on in the work of the Lord and not trust in myself for results is Proverbs 3:5,6 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
If God is asking you to do or say something today, don't be afraid for He is not the author of fear, trust in Him to give you the words and the wisdom necessary to do His work. That's when life gets exciting. To see the impact, for the better, you can have in peoples life. God will take you places and have you meet people you never thought possible.
Be faithful and trust Him.

No comments: