Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just Because

I was having a tough day yesterday. I haven't been feeling A+, so I'm more tired than usual and my "woes me" was on over drive. I spent a good part of my day crying with my buddies; pride and self pity.
I cried some more until I was just too tired to even bother. I found it so difficult to find something to praise God for since I had let my heart convince my mind that all was in vain and of no use. I knew in my mind that there must be something but my heart was running the show. (Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?")
In the evening, I was reading through some Psalm and the Lord stopped me on verse 17 of psalm 7, "I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high." ... "according to His righteousness"
All of a sudden, there was lots to praise God for. Even though I might not like how God is working in my life and/or those around me, He is full of righteousness. He knows what He is doing.
I like the next Psalm in verse 3. Psalm 8:3,4 "When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?"
Really, when you think of the detail and the function of this universe, and to think He cares about our little problems.
Have YOU ever had a project or craft YOU'd like to be bragged up on? Still nothing compared to the solar system eh?
The the clincher was Psalm 9:1 "I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works."
Now.... I'm not sure about you but after the way I was feeling yesterday, not being able to think of SOMETHING to praise God for, just to bathe in my own self pity, I read that passage and felt REALLY convicted.
Have you ever had God sort of tap on you on the shoulder with His hand, not just a one finger tap? Then He gave you that look. You know the one we give our kids when they've been caught; your eyebrows are up, your lips giving up a sarcastic smile... YA! That one!
I sat there looking like what our kids look like; sorry and pitifully gulping the "awwwwwh man!" feeling. I messed up again.
I asked my Father to forgive me and thanked Him for softening my heart.
I would encourage you to underline those 3 passages of God's word, so it may encourage you and remind you of God's holiness.
Praise On!

No comments: