Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What kind of people can God use?


When Jesus said to the fishermen in Mark 1:17-20, "And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men. And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him. And when he had gone a little further thence, he saw James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, who also were in the ship mending their nets. And straightway he called them: and they left their father Zebedee in the ship with the hired servants, and went after him."
Thes fishermen were, Simon (Peter), Andrew, James and John.
Later on in Mark 2:14, He sees Levi (Matthew) sitting at the receipt of custom and said, "Follow me. And he arose and followed him."
The other disciples, from what I understand, were from the crowd of people who followed Jesus where ever He went.
Note those whom He chose to do mighty, amazing things for God. Those who followed Him right away. These are the ones we hear about, the ones who had a great impact on people for Christ's sake.
What about us? If Jesus came to us when we were working or doing something important, would we just get up and follow Him. How about everyday? Do people and their souls not matter anymore?
Look at Paul who was Saul before he was saved. The moment he heard God call him, he obeyed.
We don't know much about Ananias but he was a brave man who obeyed God (Acts 9). God asked to go see Saul, who killed Christians. Ananias said (I'm paraphrasing), ummmm God? Are you sure? God said yes, that "for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:". Ananias trusted God and went. What if he wouldn't of? Myyyyyyyy how things would be different!
When God asks me to do something for Him, I pray I will be faithful and "straightway" follow Him.
Stay faithful and serving.

No comments: