Saturday, April 26, 2008

Just water?


I remember the first time this scripture spoke to me in a deeper sense than usually.

Psalm1:3 says, "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

This scripture was already underlined in my bible but in this particular instance I was being given a deeper understanding.

We had just finished purchasing an air purifier, that also emits negative ions without ozone. I was reading the pamphlet that came with it and it said this, "High amounts of these ions are found in certain natural settings. They increase in forests and near waterfalls. A walk through a forest or by a mountain stream feels soothing and relaxing — the Japanese regard this as therapy for mental stress, which they call shinrinyoku, “forest-air breathing.”"

That's when the Lord reminded me of Psalm 1:3 "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

A piece of the puzzle was added to the "ginormousness" of this earth and all that God created.

When He wrote that passage, He knew what he was referring to. He knew He created the environment that helps us relax and He knows why it does just that. No surprise that He often uses water for an analogy of who He is.

I can't shake the thought that this is what I am to study for the next little while. In the old and new testament, there is a specific significance to water and God, so I am going to be sharing what the Lord shows me, so if you don't like water, well.... you might get a new appreciation for it.

8 glasses, don't forget! Drink up!

No comments: