Monday, April 14, 2008

A call to prayer

I don't know how people make it through life without God, yet I'm just as clueless as to how Christians go through life without prayer.
Charles Spurgeon said it so well, "In prayer, we stand where angels bow with veiled faces; there, even there, the cherubim and seraphim adore, before that selfsame throne to which our prayers ascend".
I can't help but feel so little when I look at God. He is so worthy of my respect, honor and sacrifice. I have so little to offer Him yet He loves me so. I can't understand why He even takes the time to speak to my heart or to answer my prayers.
There will come a day that the most powerfull men and women will bow their knee before God, yet today I got to do that myself. I don't have to stand before a metal barricade and watch in wonder, while "important" people get to talk to God and shake His hand. I got to talk to Him just this morning and if I want I can go back 100 times today and He will not get tired of me.
Knowing this, how can someone treat God with such casualness; like just another routine or task?
Don't miss out, stay in touch.

No comments: