Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What do others see?


Have you ever wondered what people see when they see you? I never really thought about it until 1997. lol
Let me explain...
I was working at a call center and was building a friendship with a lady from work. I got to talk to her about the Lord and her need of salvation. She in turn told me how she usually doesn't notice people coming in and out of the center's entrance but when I came in for my training, she said she couldn't help but turn around and stare at me. Needless to say, at this point of the conversation, I'm feeling a "little freaked out", like my son Jacob would say. She continued by saying, she was amazed when she saw me because she said to herself,"*Sigh* an angel".
Ya... I thought the same thing.
The look on my face was one raised eyebrow and the other in the frown position, saying "huhhhhhhhhh... e-x-c-u-s-e me?" Now I was convinced, she was crazy.
We laughed about it but she was serious. I went home that night and looked in the mirror to examine what she saw, but all I saw was me, no angel.
We've talked about that conversation since and she still holds on to what she saw. She is now saved and was able to explain what she saw that day. She was searching for answers to life and she could see the love I had for God in me without knowing I did.
This is a scripture that best explains it without making me sound like I'm boasting.
1 Corinthians 8:3 "But if any man love God, the same is known of him."
Why is it that some people look happy to be saved and some, you can't even tell that they are?
I've been noticing, since the day my friend said that comment about me being an angel, that we don't realize what people see when they look at those of us who are saved. If you sincerely love God and spend time getting to know Him and being changed for His glory, it shows. One place I want it most to show is at home, in front of my kids. I want them to sincerely love and serve God so if they see me love God, they might desire to also.
1 Corinthians 8:3"But if any man love God, the same is known of him."
Stay in love, you never know who's looking.

No comments: