Monday, December 7, 2009

Ouch! That's sharp!!!


You know who "Zorro" is right?! He's a man, mostly dressed in black with a very sharp sword; it's so sharp it can slice a "Z", in a tight black fabric tarp, with just the tip of the sword! (It's not real, just a movie...) Although that's a movie, Hebrews 4:12 says, "For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." I know for a fact that this scripture is absolutely true, aside from the fact that the whole bible is true, I know this by experience also. Once, while going through a very valley in my journey, I decided to go see my pastor and his wife for counselling to help me get to other side of the valley. This valley did not just include me so I had to learn how to persevere whether the circumstances changed or not. It seemed that nothing the pastor said was getting through. In my heart, I kept saying, "ya but... ya but... ya but...!" Then the pastor quoted Philippians 3:10 "That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death" hoooooof! It was someone punched me in the stomach. I began to cry uncontrollably. The word of God, His sword, had pierced through my hardened heart and showed me that it didn't matter what the circumstance was, I had a choice to make: whether to accept the opportunity to know Christ in a deeper way through sufferance, and seeing His power manifested in that situation, or to turn my back on a deeper relationship with Him for the temporary satisfying of my flesh. To stay where I was spiritually and to never see the circumstance really change but get worst because only the power of God could change it.
I went home that day, still sobbing, knowing not only what I had to do, but what I wanted to do. I wanted more than anything to see God's power manifested in my life. I wanted to see a miracle and be a part of it. I wanted to be drawn closer to God; to have REAL fellowship with Him. I could never experience what He, Jesus, went through but He knows my struggles as if they were His own.
We, my Lord and I, made it through that valley, and I DID see the power of God manifested in not only my life but of others.
Often while reading the specific scriptures intended for that day, God takes His Sword and takes just the tip of it, and cuts through my soul and spirit, to show me something He wants to change or to take out of my life.
This morning, I read Proverbs 7, then went to Ephesians 4 and 5. As I began to read Eph 4:1, "I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called." I had noted beside there from a time past, *wife and mother*.
The tip of God's Sword just tapped on a particular spot in my heart. Reminding me that my present "vocation" is wife and mother, along with teacher to my children and to other women in the church. He reminded me that I have a responsibility to walk worthy of that vocation. How can I "be a duck if I don't walk like one"?
I stayed there for a while, meditating on what God was showing me. Thinking about how difficult that can be at times. Life as a Christian is not always easy if you are seeking to grow and you don't think more of yourself than you are. I felt the nudge to keep reading. Eph 4:2 said this, "With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;" Ahhhhh... the encouragement of the Lord, just a reminder that He "will never leave us nor forsake us".
Lord seeks to have a real relationship with us and this requires somethings on our part:
  1. We need to be born again, once by flesh but then again in the spirit. By accepting we are a sinner and God is Perfect, Holy and Just. That we need to be reconciled to Him by accepting the free gift of salvation, by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ only. Not our works, nothing can be added to it. Then by repenting, turning away, from our sins and asking Christ to wash our sins away. Making Him our Saviour. Then living for Him, being a testimony to others.
  2. We need to be sincere, everyday, towards God. He knows our frame, in other words, He knows we are not perfect, that we fail. We should not pretend to Him nor to others that we are, or that we have it all together; God and others can see through that.
  3. Read His Word daily, and spend time just talking to God and allow Him to talk to you. Just "shut up" and listen for His still small, but powerful, voice.
I love that intimate relationship I have with the Lord. There is nothing on this earth like it. I can't imagine my life without it. Eph. 5:19, "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord" so, I want to share this hymn with you.

No comments: