Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Go See...

I was listening to a preacher who said something, shedding new light on what had become just a known fact. The shepherds... in their fields, tending to their sheep. It's an ordinary night, cool, dark and lonely. It reminds me of what my life was before I met THE King. These shepherds stood in awe as they saw an angel. What did it look like? I don't know, maybe the sky was lit up but it definatly drew their attention. They afraid, I would be too, maybe thinking "I'm obviously going nuts...", enough so, that the angel had to tell them not to be afraid. The part that really ministered to me was when the preacher said, "the shepherds wanted a Saviour, a King, they needed a purpose so they went to see the babe, the Saviour who was born. They left where they were and met Jesus." Like the shepherds, we need to leave where we are in life and go, go meet the Saviour who was born that we might be born again.
Well, I've met the Saviour. After receiving His free gift of Salvation, He washed me up (from my sin), gave me purpose and a new life. Maybe that's the same for you, then what the preacher said would make you say amen, then think of your unsaved loved ones and friends.
You know, this still applies to us, His children. You've heard things like, "leave Jesus at the wheel of your life" or "God didn't move, you did" etc. When life seems to get dry, lonely and cool, we need to go back to meet the Saviour. He's still where He was, waiting for us to come meet with Him again.
The Spirit really drew that little message, home for me.
Have you ever visited someone that you just didn't want to have to leave? That's how it should be with us. To be constantly in God's presence. How life distracts us at times and steals that personal intimacy we have with THE Creator, our God and Saviour.
Meeting the Saviour was and is the best thing in this life.

No comments: