Saturday, March 22, 2008

The weekend, not much rest...

Here we are, Saturday evening, and I don't feel rested at all. I feel like I've caught up with the housework, but I feel worn down and bitter.
Being a stay at home mom with four children, three of which I homeschool; Marielle is still a little young turning 3 on Monday, housework does not get the attention it could otherwise. I am particular about it, so I keep the house clean as for, wash clothes, sweep, clean up, fold clothes ect. but the vaccuming gets done on weekends, so does the floor get washed, the bathroom gets a full cleaning instead of just the "swipe and swish", the dusting gets done etc.
I also find there's a difference in my emotional and spiritual strength on weekends. During the week , I spend a good time in prayer and in God's word. I say this to say that I get showered with God often in the day during the week but on weekends I tend to not spend much time in His word nor in prayer but more on housework. I can really feel the difference too. When will I learn?
Tonight, I will spend time with Him, I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning.

No comments: