Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Time is just passing.

I just can't get over how fast time is going. It seems you start out the day, turn around and it's the evening. Busy... yes, but I can say that I am doing things to benefit my children's education, upbringing, taking care of my home and husband and I'm even able to use some of my time to help a sister in the Lord in discipleship. With all that, my husband's step mother is dying of liver and spine cancer. She is only 60 years old. It seems that there is no age for death these days. My husband just called to say that the rattling in her lungs has increased and that the extra mural nurse said that the family could expect her passing within the next 24-48 hours. It's difficult to comprehend that just this past November she went to the emergency because of back pain and fatigue. "For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." James 4:14 It is humbling to think that there are people who are lost all around us and that are walking around aimlessly, awaiting their day of judgement. We, on the other hand walk around aimlessly not caring for the lost person's soul. Yesterday, I had asked a friend of mine if she was saved, and she was able to give me assurance that her soul was "fireproof". This lead another friend of mine and I to discuss what is salvation.She is saved but is increasing her learning about witnessing and the whole picture of salvation. As we discussed it, she eventually said, "So basically, someone doesn't go to hell because they sin but because they reject Christ." I gave the example of the question I've been asked by some people, "What about the African child who lives in the jungle and never heard about Christ?" We are judge on our understanding, once we are shown that Christ died for us and that we need to recognize our inability to gain heaven on our own because of our sinful state, this fear or respect for God's holiness should motivate us to accept the gift of God's grace, through faith in Jesus' sinless sacrifice and payment on the cross for our sin. If we reject this grace, even if we have the faith that Jesus did this for us, yet still choose to reject Christ, our soul's future is in hell. It's that simple. Why are we so afraid to give people a chance to reject or accept. We have no problem giving people a chance to accept or reject a business plan, or a relationship with one another, a job, having another child, buying or selling a house but giving people the right to accept or reject Christ is off limits... why? My step mother in law might go to hell in the next 24-48 hours. It's not because of who she is because she was a wonderful, generous, caring and loving woman. She was just never given the chance to accept or reject Christ's payment on the cross for her. I've written her a letter with that opportunity. I hope it gets to her on time and that someone will read it to her. Why do we wait till the last minute? I don't want to do that anymore. I want to care about people's soul. I want to give people a chance to accept or reject.
Our time should not be wasted to see another good soul wasted for eternity in hell.

No comments: