Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This seems like a long week...


Does it ever feel like time goes on and on and on? Praise God that for each of us it is but at the same time it can be draining.
I was talking to someone yesterday who said they went to see yet another person in the hospital, who is not doing very well at all. "Enough already!" was the comment and I could relate. It seems things just spin along then something happens to bring it to a halt. I can't help but picture the Road Runner when he goes fast and stop just as quickly; his feet don't move, stopping like on a dime but his body does the doyoyoyong thing. I sometimes feel like that.
Last night was my doyoyoyoung "experience". I was helping my husband insulate the basement outer walls when I received a call from a good friend. She explained that there was a grade 7 earthquake in Haiti where a missionary couple, who are friends of ours live. They had picked up the daughter of a mutual friend of ours and 2 hours later approx. the earthquakes hit. Our friend had not heard from her daughter nor of the missionary couple and their young daughter and new born. We were all very worried. We prayed and I had decided to fast today until we would get news of our friends.
I went running this morning and yet no news. I prayed as I ran and when I got home, there was an email from our friend who said that everyone was ok and that the walls of the house were still standing! I prayed specifically for a miracle and that it was. I also had prayed that God would send His angels to surround them and protect them and He did. What an awesome God we serve!
My prayer now is that the people of Haiti will have tender hearts toward God. It's sad that God sometime needs to yell to get our attention. Why are we so selfish and hard necked? It doesn't mean that all of Haiti is this way, hard necked that is but unfortunately a nation can pay for the rebellion of few. This should encourage us to pray for our nation and Prime Minister and his family.
In the midst of a long week, God still shows Himself faithful.

No comments: