Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Run Baby Run!!!

Well, today was day two and I got up a little later, 5:51 am and Samuel, our eldest son, wanted to come with me so I got him up and we left. My son was amazed that it was so dark and one of many questions he asked me was, "Is there more than just one street light?" Samuel is not a nervous type person but he was anxious about this walk in the dark thing. We got to 8 minutes and we arrived where there are woods on both sides of the road and no street lights. I could hear a rustling but I thought it's probably just my hair against my coat so I ignored it. A little later, Samuel asked me, "Am I talking too much?" I wanted to say, "Yes" but I didn't have the heart so I told him, "If talking takes away your nervousness, I don't mind." he said, "OK". LOL I guess he was nervous because he kept going....LOL I enjoyed yesterdays peace and serenity but I enjoyed spending this time with him too. I heard this rustling sound again and paid more attention to my hair against the coat and it wasn't that at all... ok, so now I'm nervous so I told Samuel, "ok, now it's time for us to jog..." LOL so we did, until I felt far enough from what ever was making that noise. Sure enough, I couldn't hear the rustling. That was scary because we had to walk by there again. YIKES! We turned around at 15 minutes, a little further than yesterday because, remember we jogged a bit of the way... LOL. I suggested to Samuel that since these houses were closer to the road, maybe we should whisper. We kept walking and once we got to the tree section of the walk, I listened intently. It was drizzling "...but not enough to make the leaves make noise... wait a minute," I told myself, "there ARE no leaves!" Now I was freaked! No problem, "It's time to jog again Samuel." and jogged we did... and jogged... and jogged, until we reach Mr. Fisher's house. It's amazing how much better in shape you think you are when you fear an animal might be prowling the edge of the woods where you are. ANIMALS! You say? Uhuh! Hear we have bears, moose, deer, bobcats and coyotes. We got home safely, two minutes early, so we walked it out in the yard and decided that tomorrow we are bringing a flashlight.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Can't wait to hear tomorrow's blog,LOL. This is better than a t.v show!!!

Stephanie said...

P.S. When I first saw the picture of the coyote, I thought maybe you met up with one! I think you might even have to bring Samuel's bow and arrow too,LOL. I'll be praying for your safety!.