Tuesday, November 10, 2009

one of those days...weeks?

It's flu season...what?! You didn't know?! LOL
Well, my husband started the cycle with 2 continuous days of sleeping. I was worried in all honesty since he's not much of a sleeper usually. It was obvious that he didn't feel good.
Then our son Samuel got the cold symptoms with very low grade fever. He did not have much energy either. He played hockey on Saturday but it was not the typical player we usually see. That night, we got home and our daughter Dominique said her throat was sore. I gave her some medicine and she went to bed for the night. She woke up feeling pretty good but as the day progressed, she felt worse. What a trooper though, she still wanted to go to church. By this time, Moe and Samuel were still having mild cold symptoms but feeling much better. Yesterday, Monday, Jacob woke up not feeling very "peppy". He is our child who only has one leg so he tends to experience illnesses a little different than we, you wouldn't think so but he does. Imagine, that much less blood to pump, less white cells etc. He had a fever of 102.3 this afternoon and the motrin takes a bit of time to work but once it kicked in, his fever is gone. Tomorrow, will tell how he's recovering. He had pneumonia once already and his voice was very graspy so I need to watch him closely.
At supper, our youngest, Marielle, tells me that her throat is sore...yikes... here we go for round 5. All this and mama is still standing... I have a slight cough every once in a while and I'm feeling pretty lazy but I'm still standing. The bar of soap is shrinking pretty fast I must say...lol
Anyway, so nothing "inspiring" for today, although I found this video that made me think of me when I feel fat and I'm "having a bad hair day".
Hope you enjoy...

No comments: