Tuesday, November 24, 2009

On The Run...


Perhaps you've noticed that there's a day that was missed with my running program... I started today instead of yesterday since I went to bed too late on Sunday.
This morning, I woke up at 5:09 am then I finally got up at 5:41 am, got dressed and head outside for my first walk.
I felt crazy at first; you see here in the country, in November, it's dark and there are hardly any street lights. Did I mention it's hunting season too? Ya... so I walked at a steady pace, don't worry! lol. I checked my watch 2 min. after I started, then 5 mins. after I started and already I was bored. LOL I kept walking, checking my cell phone for the time, to make sure I walked 15 minutes one direction then another 15 back home. I laughed to myself because I couldn't wait to tell you that it was so dark, that when I opened my phone, it would blind me so when I looked away, I could see a greenish/yellow rectangle... LOL After about 10 into the walk, I started getting into it. At 14 minutes, I stared at my phone to make sure I turned around at 15 exact and that I did. The number changed from 4 to 5 units I spun on my heels and headed back home. I quickly discovered, by the burning sensation in my "buttock" that I was now walking uphill. mmhmmmm! It was obviously getting close to 7 am because there was starting to have traffic. LOL still dark though; everyone had their high beams.
I must say, that it was a good first walk, me and I and myself laughed hysterically the whole time.
When I got home, I stretched, grabbed a fresh cup of coffee, headed upstairs to sit on the sofa in my bedroom and spend time with the Lord. He laid something very interesting on my heart; showing me new things in His Word, things I never connected so deeply. Unless something else should be posted, I plan to post what I learnt.
If you have begun this running program with me, let me know how your day went.
May the Lord bless you.

No comments: