Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A matter of the heart

As I read God's Word this morning, in Jeremiah chapter 7. The Lord made more apparent how His house was being defiled. People thought that their deliverance gave them a "free pass" or a "get out of jail free"; being able to do what ever they wanted.
It looks a lot like today's Christians. Thinking I have free will to do what I want because I'm saved but that is so untrue.
In Jeremiah, God told them that what He told their forefathers was not to start DOING things like the sacrifices at the altar, He asked to be their only God.
The scripture says in Matthieu 6:31" Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you." I used to think that "things" meant only... things that we want but the Lord showed me a deeper meaning to that verse.
When God is the only God in my life and doing His will is a priority to me, all the other things I struggle with or that He asks of me will come easier because my heart is in the right place.
Doesn't that make sens?
God wants to be our only God, His Son wants to be our Saviour and the Holy Spirit wants to lead and draw us closer to our Father, for those who are saved.
Today I'm going to offer my heart to God, that He will be the only God in my life and I know, He will keep His promises, never forget me nor forsake me.

No comments: