Monday, July 6, 2009

Is it possible?

Can you believe that we are still not in our house?
We spent the first of the last three weeks at friends which were gone on a trip. They needed someone to keep their dog, so this gave us a place to live for a week. We then went to another family's house, who are friends of ours, for almost 2 weeks. We felt we had overstayed our welcome so it was time to move on, but the house was not ready. The family who went on a trip offered us their home again as they would stay at their family's house, since it was their turn to go away.
So, 8 months and 1 week later, we are still homeless.
Yesterday, while I was getting my family settled in our temporary dwelling, I read the sign they have in their stairway, "Home Sweet Home". I went to the bedroom and cried for a little while. I so want to be in MY home.
"They" say that Thursday we are going home, our home. I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up and have them dropped like a wet clothe.
Today in my bible reading, I received great encouragement. I was reading in Isaiah 41. The past two years have been very difficult ones for me but I knew God was with me. I always remembered, although sometimes God felt so far, He promised me He would never leave me nor forsake me.
When I was first saved, some family and friends turned away from me. It was clear that I had made a choice and they wanted no part of this choice. I got a hold of God's arm and clinched on to it and told Him that I would never let go for dear life, that He would have to leave me. He never did. As I read Isaiah 41, some verses spoke to me in a real way that helped me to know that even tough God "feels" far, He's right there helping me through to the end. Here are these verses, hope they encourage you in your journey.
Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand o f my righteousness."
VS. 14 "Fear not...I will help thee, saith the Lord, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel."
VS. 17-20 "When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water. I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together: That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the Lord hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it."
Still holding on for dear life, never to leave nor forsake me. What a great God.

No comments: