Friday, July 24, 2009

We're in...

Well, July 16th we came to the house and my mother in law and her two sisters were there cleaning the kitchen. They also helped clean the headboards/footboards to our beds. My parents came to help me move some furniture and the matresses. We slept in the house that night with a semi functional kitchen.
Since then, it's been step by step and daily we are closer and closer to being more settled in.
Do you remember what Dorothy said when she came back after the hurricane? "There's no place like home!"
It doesn't matter how great the hospitality was or how generous the people are, there's no place like home.
Today, I sewed curtains for the long window of the front door and for the dinning room window. I'm not sure how I like them, in time I'll better be able to know what to do with them. (I bought the fabric at Walmart for a total of 10$ so I'm not breaking the bank if I change my mind).
Here are some photographs of the inside. Remember that I haven't put any style to it, we are focussing on the baseboards, moldings, doors, then closets. Once those are done, I will be better able to put things in their place.
Still working... ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this post! :)
Your're home is so bright! It seems like there's so much light coming in. I love the powdery blue color you picked in one if the rooms, very nice.
Hope you get settled in quickly.
I pray that the Lord fills your new home with His love and blessings.
Daisy