Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Almost time!

July 31st is not only my son's birthday but it is, if my memory serves me right, the day this journey began.
During an evening sermon, July 31st, 2008, at the Bluenose Campmeeting, the Lord put on my husband's heart and mine, that we were to sell our home and move elsewhere.
I knew my husband's dream was to have a chicken farm and this thought stressed me out a bit, actually, very much. I was physically ill but once I gave it over to the Lord and realized that if it was God's will for us to have a farm, God would also take care of changing my heart.
When we got "home" we started making the needed repairs to the house and only having a few friends and pastors praying for this course we were taking on. We put our house on the market October 2nd, 2008, 4 days later was the 3rd showing and an offer. On October 10th, after a couple of counter offers, the financial issue was resolved, the house was sold! It took 8 days to sell the house and the closing date was October 31st.
We found out on Friday, October 31st, 2008, at 4:20pm, that the farmhouse was now ours.
The race began.
Never would we of known or even suspected what the Lord would bring us through.
On Thursday, July 16th, 2009, we are moving into our newly renovated home. I can't believe this time has come. In all honesty, looking back on the past 8 and 1 half months, is like childbirth; it is greatly painful and difficult but years, even days later, it's all a fog, almost surreal.
I would love to share photographs but our battery charger for the camera is packed somewhere and the camera's battery is dead. Soon I will be able to take pictures and past them on here so you can see our new "baby".
The first week of August, we are heading to the Bluenose Campmeeting. Both my husband and I are anxious, in both meanings of the word, to know what God will lay on our heart, this year.
A few years back, it seemed that the Lord had used a full year to teach me of His mercies on me. This year, I would have to say, God showed me that I don't trust Him as much I as should and can. He has done so much to merit my trust yet I still don't merit His mercy.
Still learning...

No comments: