Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What's acceptable?


Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."

Let me ask you a few questions.

Have you ever gotten caught up in your routine of the day, and of the next, and of the next, to the point you feel like you're just going through the motions?

What do you consider acceptable when it comes to your children's behaviour?

What do you consider acceptable in your behaviour?

It just puzzled me, what does God consider acceptable?

We know what He likes; obedience, who is loves; the world (John 3:16), what He hates; sin but what does He find acceptable?

Romans 12:1, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."

What is acceptable unto God?

A couple of definitions I found in the dictionary for acceptable:

-pleasing to the receiver, satisfactory, agreeable.

-adequate for the purpose.

Hebrews 11:6, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." So, I guess we could say that diligently seeking God shows Him our faint in Him. Our faith in God and believing He is who He says he is, pleases Him; it is acceptable.

"adequate for the purpose"

What is our purpose in life if we don't have Christ as our Saviour and Lord?... Nothing.

What is our purpose as saved, new creatures, children of God" Maybe if I phrase it this way.... Why did God leave us here after He saved us" There's a purpose, and that purpose is acceptable; bringing others to salvation in Christ Jesus. What sort of things can we say, that would benefit to that purpose? How about in the routine, mundane chores of the day?

Hint...the words of our mouth...

Ephesians 4:29 "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth,", Ephesians 5:20 "Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;"

"How can that work for the purpose of Christ?" you ask.

John 12:32 says, " And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."

The meditation of our heart...

Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

There are so many more scriptures on why we should guard our heart. It's clearer to me that God cares about what I say and what my heart ponders on. He wants to be #1 in my life; I am in His, and so are you. It's difficult to understand but that's why He's God, He loves like no other can, and that's why He deserves our worship through our life.

Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."

I want to please Him and fulfill my purpose.

No comments: