Thursday, May 8, 2008

What could He of thought?

I was reading Psalm 22 the other night. It reminded me that although Jesus was all God, He was also all flesh.
You are probably aware that in MANY places in the Old Testament, are prophecies of the birth, life, death and resurection of Jesus. In this passage, it is a prophecy of His moments surrounded His death on the cross. Here is a glimpse on the thoughts He had.
Psalm 22 "(vs 1.) My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? (vs. 6-8) But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.(vs.13) They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. (vs. 16-18)
For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture."

When I read those passages, I could help but hear Jesus' human heart.
We often are afraid to speak up for the sake of Jesus Christ; afraid of the rejection. These passages put this one into context. Hebrew 4:15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."
He knows what feeling rejected is like, but He went all the way. I want to serve Him all the more when I know what sacrifice He did for me. Why can't we sacrifice even just a little.
Remember yesterday? What your heart meditates on? His sacrifice for you, would be a good thing to meditate on.
Phillipians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

No comments: