Thursday, May 15, 2008

A heart like David's

Psalm 26:2 "Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart."
A scary prayer!
VS. 3 "For thy lovingkindness [is] before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth."
David had confidence in his prayer of judgement because he knew that his relationship with God was pure, honest, and his steps ordered by Him. He knew he was right with God and understood that by guarding his life, keeping it pure, the outcome would be praises to God.
Psalm 26:7, "That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works."
David loved being in that place in his life where he was near to God, when he had fellowship with Him. He did so to the point that he later pleads God to not allow him to be at the wrong place with the wrong people. (Psalm 26:9 "Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:")
David understood that he was in THIS good place or standing, at THAT particular time in life, because of God's mercy on him.
Someone could think he was bragging about his own self righteousness but he wasn't. Listen to him. He praised God for the opportunity to be on even ground; a plateau, smooth sailing.
Oh how the world would be different if we loved being with and like God, more than ourselves, to the point we would beg God to not allow us to follow the lust of our flesh.

No comments: