Wednesday, October 22, 2008

With certainty


God's Word says in Proverbs 16:9, "A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps. "

What peace there is when we seek to walk in God's footsteps. His direction is stable, secure and gives certainty to our direction.

I know with certainty that God wanted us to move. I shared how He showed both my husband and I, His direction for us. When things get a little hazy, we can look back and know that we are doing the right thing. The other part that gives me peace is that both Moe and I ask God daily to intervene in our life that we would not step out of His path which is laid out for us.

I remember, almost 8 years ago now, when we first went to Charity Bible Baptist Church. We were looking for a building to have our services in. Pastor and the trustees had found a building and pastor was sharing with us the different things that would have to be fixed. One thing he said and stayed with me is, "If God doesn't want us to be in this building, I don't want us to be in it, because it will never be right and always be a burden."

That is how we feel about this house. We know that it has a lot of necessary repairs to do, then there's the addition, which is necessary to us. We know that if God wants us in this house, He is already gone before us and preparing our way for the renovations. If God does not want us to have THIS house and we buy it anyway, it will never be quite right, the renovations will be difficult, costly and never ending.

I don't want to be without God's blessing on my life. It's so much safer there. He is my shield while in the storm. "though the storm builds all around me, I am safe in the arms of the Lord"

As for details about the work we've been doing. I called a friend of mine to see if my drawings of the inside of the house were ok; he is an architect. He offered to draw the outside of the house and a section of the house for City planning to accept us for a building permit. He found out for us what we needed and is drawing what we need, all for free! Needless to say, we have a gift for him. What a blessing! God knew we would need this and He laid my friend on my heart to call him and voilĂ ! Taken care of by God. Imagine! "How great thou art!"

I went to Kent Building Supplies yesterday, with the kids. As I was looking at the paint chip colors, a total stranger came up to me. He was in his late 60's I'd say. I thought he was going to say something about the kids but to my surprise, this is what he said. "Excuse me. You don't know me from a hole in the ground but I saw your family and thought it was worth giving the compliment." I was taken back at his boldness and determination. "It's a blessing to see a woman dressed and looking like a lady." I really didn't expect that. I only had my black skirt with tights and dress shoes, a black t-shirt with my jean blazer, but I was blessed, reminded that I was doing what God expected of me.

I'm not perfect by any stretch, believe you me! I do although know by experience that when you ask God to guide your life and every direction you take, He is faithful to show you and remind you that you are on the right track.

Well, I found the colors I needed, I made little cardboard squares for each room so I could visualize the colors for those rooms and make better color choices for curtains and other accessories. I went shopping with my mom to get fabric for 2 rocking chairs we have but $$$$ I didn't buy anything. :)

Today I called the lawyer to give him a heads up about the house so if we decide to purchase it, once we get all the quotes, things will be ready to go. The only quote we are waiting for is the building supplies cost, and we are waiting for them to find the well...lol so they can shock it and clean out the septic because we don't quite like THAT shade of green, when it comes to lawns. lol

By the way... it's difficult to know when the right time is to start packing, so many things we need. Well this morning, my oldest son said, "Hey maman! We move in 8 days!" with his excited tone of voice. Needless to say I did a big "GULP" sound and said to myself, "OK! NOW IS THE RIGHT TIME TO START PACKING!" (nervous laugh)

Stay tune, I might have news shortly about our decision!

No comments: