Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It has been a long time!

Much has passed since I last blogged. The Lord has been working things out and let me tell you where we are at.
At the end of July, we attended a church camp meeting. During one of the sermons, I felt the Lord pressing on my heart that we needed to move, not chairs but home. I went to the altar and told the Lord that if He indeed wanted us to move, He had to tell my husband Himself, which would be confirmation to me that it was of the Lord and not of myself. I knew Moe liked where we were and I could not change his mind, but if it was of God, his heart and desire would change.
That was the Wednesday evening service, we had dessert after and I said nothing. We got up the next morning, washed up, went to breakfast and I had not said anything yet. As we walked back to the camping trailer to get ready for the morning services, I reached for the door handle at the same time as Moe. He then said, "I guess we're moving eh?" " Yap! I guess so." The Lord had prepared both our hearts, it was of the Lord.
That afternoon, we went to visit friends of ours who have a goat farm. I knew what was going to happen. You see, my husband always dreamt of having a farm, a chicken farm. He was going to be taking notes. That made me nervous since I as city girl as it comes. I even like contemporary/retro design! God would again, have to work in my heart. I felt quite ill while we were there. We assume it was the spoiled piece of tomato I taste tested but I think my nerves were really part of the equation.
I start feeling better after a good talk with the Lord. He reminded me that if it was His will to allow us to have a farm, He would provide for me, a farmers heart.
Well, we came home a few days later, started repairs on the house, then called a friend of mine who is a real estate agent. He sent a stagist to help us know where to put the most work and within two weeks, the house was ready to be put on the market. In total, that took about 5-6 weeks. The sign was on the lawn Wednesday night the 24th of Sept. We had a showing on the Monday, but no sale. We had another on the Thursday evening and they made us an offer. We countered it and by noon Friday, we had the house sold. 8 wopping days it took to sell the house!!!
The offer came with a closing of October 31st. That is not a misprint, we are to be out October 31st which is in a couple of weeks. We found a farm house about 20 min. from town. We put in an offer MUCH lower than the asking price and they countered for not much more than we offered. Again, of the Lord. Today, the inspectors are going to see if the house is worth investing in. Actually, they are there as I am writting this.
If they say this is a good home to work with, we will be putting an addition and renovating the existing house. This house is small; 19x19.
I will be putting regular updates of what God is doing and how He is leading.
Through all this, I look back and am amazed at how far God has brought my family and me.
It will be a year this Friday that my father in law died. My husband took it VERY hard and struggled for a while, but praise the Lord it was for a while! The Lord has been good to both Moe and I. Our relationship is better than it ever was, and I only have God to thank for it.
Through this renovation and purchase of the farm, we will grow closer to one another but more importantly, draw our children closer to Him and ourselves. Hopefully, the neighbour's will be willing to build relationships with us so we can draw them also to Christ.
Enjoy the before and after pictures.

No comments: