Friday, October 24, 2008

Oh where or where can it be?


"Oh where oh where has my little dog gone?"

Those who know me, know that this would not be something I would say, especially with much concern. lol I'm not a dog enthusiast but I am very fond of cats, which, Lord willing, we will have 2, I think.

One thing the owners of the 2919 McQuades house have been saying is, "where oh where have the septic and well gone?" YA! Imagine! We've asked them to clean out the septic because we anticipate a problem with it and since the water did not pass, they need to shock the well but, they can't seem to find these two big underground reservoirs. I find that quite funny.

The morning that my husband called me to tell me this, I had prayed that God would place His hands on "our property" to keep the ground warm so we could have the addition's foundation poured. I guess the people couldn't see through God's hands. lol It might also be that God wants us to have the house cheaper. Only He knows.

As of today, we told our agent that there are two preferred options.

1. At the 75 000.00 price they do the work of finding the well and septic, and get them clean and functioning.

2. Lower the price of the house and we will take the house as is, we will take care of the well and septic.

Obviously there's a third option being, they do not want to do either and we look elsewhere but I can't shake the thought that God wants us to have THIS particular house. I could be wrong.

We keep praying that God close the door if it is not His will or open it wide if it is. With this offer, it will do one or the other.

God has blessed us over and over through this journey. Although, we might live with my mother for a few days or weeks, I think it's more painful for her than for us.

The timing of it all, to us, seems very off but I know that God makes no mistakes and He promises in His word, especially in Philippians 4:19, "My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches and glory." I can expect amazing things from Him who owns all the cattle and the hills, the oceans, the fish etc. He has all riches to His disposal and I'm not worried about where we will live in 6 days.

I told God this morning as I spent time with Him. "You are a miracle maker. I know that You are fully capable of having the agreement, the sale papers, the bank papers and the documents by the lawyer, signed sealed and delivered by this afternoon, if You wanted to. If it is Your will, I know it's nothing for you to do it. I especially know that it's nothing for you to have the closing on the 31st of October even if people say it's not very possible. This is an opportunity for You to get glory, to be lifted up before all men. If it is Your will for us to have this house, please allow for the closing to be October 31st, 2008."

I know that if God chooses to close on another day or even on another house, there is good reason for it. I wouldn't want to be where He isn't. I want to live in the house that God has for us. I don't want to settle for less than what He has for us.

When we have God as our Saviour but also as our life Gardener, we can expect to live in a fruitful, luscious garden filled with different beautiful perfumes of flowers never imagined.

Keep trusting.

No comments: