Saturday, October 18, 2008

Where do I even begin?


I don't even know where to begin. Things have been going fast and crazy. The bible says in Proverbs 11:1 "A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.". This can be hard to accomplish when circumstances arise, but it has been a blessing that within our home, and relationship with one another; although not perfect, has been balanced and not stressful.



We received news from the inspectors and some things have become speed bumps in the process. We were told that the foundation and house are solid although there are things that need to be repaired which can be costly but we anticipated most of those "findings". I called the "news"; the inspectors report, a speed bump because my husband and I took this time to pray and ask for God's guidance. Thus far, we asked Him to close any door that He would not want us to enter and we wanted to make sure that if this was a closed door, we would recognize it.



In Luke 14:28, "For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?". We want to be realistic yet faithful.



We continued getting the appropriate quotes and seeking out contrators etc. We have a peace that this is the house God wants for us. Until He closes the door shut, we will continue to walk on this journey He has for us.



Today was men's breakfast for the men of our church, where the pastor also teaches biblical truths to these men. My husband usually takes our sons, which one was at a sleep over so he took the youngest with him. He leaned over to whisper in my ear that if I wanted to take the girls to have breakfast at "Hyne's" I could. So, once they left, I leapped out of bed and got the girls ready, our beds made, got myself ready and out for breakfast we went! We had a wonderful time practicing those lady like manners; even I had a hard time keeping my elbows off the table. lol



We then headed to the "Home Depot" to check out he paint colors. Imagine, I have 11 rooms to choose colors for which will blend and be soothing and fit the farmhouse feel. What fun it was! I loved it. It's so exciting! Then we, the girls and I, went to the light fixtures department. wowwwwwww! Where to start? I am a retro/contemporary girl but slowly God is showing me the beauty of country. I surprised myself when I saw the raw iron ceiling fixtures and was taken by it. I had to develope a theme, a consistancy in the design. I like the raw iron look but I also like the brown instead of black. It had a hommier look. I finally started finding the "matching" fixtures and styles. I went from aile to aile (there was only 4 but on both sides). When the wheels started rolling (the wheels in my head that is) I got excited about our new home to be. I wasn't hyper excited, just comforted excited, knowing that God was before us and He is there to help us all the way, even in the simple things like lighting fixtures.



My husband and youngest son where already home when got home so I got to share the excitement with my husband about my finds. We then tackled the last of the dirt pile. YIKES, finally it's gone! (2 dump truck loads of fill and top soil)



The journey continues as we contact Foundation companies for the foundation and possibly the septic tank, the electrician to rewire the whole house, then get quotes on the other things like the lighting fixtures, flooring, paint and on and on.



Believe it or not, this is actually fun. My husband and I, although very occupied with this project are so enjoying the knitting God is doing in our family and the many blessings He is bestowing on us. He gives us sooooo much more than we deserve.



Keep waiting on Him.

Some light fixtures we like and a photo of the house we want to renovate.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention the garage!! I would imagine Moe is thankful for that .lol
I like the light fixtures.

BTW, I'm glad you started blogging again, I enjoy reading it :)