Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The whole truth...

I love reading God's word and recognizing the wisdom and how relative it is to life. I'll be reading and come across something and, "AHA! See! It's right there!"
I'll give you just a couple of examples I've come across lately.
Proverbs 12:3, "A man shall not be established by wickedness: but the root of the righteous shall not be moved." We often hear people say, when they have "experienced" life for a bit, "I'm now ready to plant my roots." The bible says that doing that will be difficult because of the sin in our life. Having, (like I tell the children) "shared their body" with other people, leaves a scar and takes up room in the heart that should be taken by the woman or man they are marrying. The bondage that a life of sin brings controls the "rooted relationship" and there is never a joy and freedom that the Lord wants to give a couple. My past is covered by the blood, I have been forgiven but the consequences of that sin is still existent. I've had to pray and had to overcome bondage and issues that controlled my relationship with my husband. The Lord would much prefer to see me without those chains but those are the consequences of my choices. Understanding that, helps in recovering and God CAN heal all wounds but how much better is it to keep ourselves pure.
The other one is sort of comical. Why is it that when we see boys, and even girls these days, who walk with a strut, we associate them with rebellion? You know what I mean. I junior high, that particular boy you knew never walked like that but halfway through high school, he developed this "strut" or "gate". I found it interesting when I came across verse 19 of Proverbs 17, "He loveth transgression that loveth strife: [and] he that exalteth his gate seeketh destruction. " Isn't that amazing?! That's why we automatically associate one with the other, because God created us to recognize that. Even those who walk that way know, subconsciously because when they become "cool" they start that strut which is called a gate.
It's almost as if God knew things before us... LOL Do you think?
God's word is a workbook for life; it helps us build our life and the people around us. It's beyond me why we don't rely on it more... or why it's no longer used in schools... hmmmm I wonder... ;)

No comments: