Monday, March 1, 2010

Edifying

How about those Canadian athletes!?! WOW! I am so excited, impressed and motivated by these individuals. The children and I watched the Olympics from mid afternoon until bedtime and we learnt so many things about other countries and our own. There is one thing that the Lord used to speak to my heart; it is the similarities between the reasoning of changing Olympic venues for each Olympic and my relationship with my children, and other people for that matter.I thought about why they would do that; change the venues for each Olympic and it became clear. Did you notice the "fans" that cheered the athletes? Do you think they got that kind of encouragement in other countries? How about Joannie Rochette... the Canadian figure skater who lost her mom the day her mom arrived in Vancouver? Do you think she could of overcame the same way if she was in another country?
The Lord showed me that my "entourage" needs my cheers and encouragement. They need to know that I am proud of them and that I will act as crazy as I need to so that they know how important they are to me and that "I believe" they can do it, no matter how hard it is.
That made a lot of sense to me. It was nothing new for me but just revision I guess. The Lord then showed me how much this can be used as my testimony of God doing this for me in my life.
Last night, once the children were in bed, after church, my husband and I watched a rerun of the men's hockey game that played earlier in the evening, Canada vs. USA. We already knew that Canada had won but wanted to see at least the highlights. We watched and the Spirit let me in on something and I shared it with my husband. I said, "This must be somewhat how God sees things...(confused look on my husband's face) He already knows the future, what's going to happen yet He watches us go about, encouraging us to make the right decisions, knowing that so many different plays could unfold.
That brought a thought of closeness with God. How awesome He is and how much bigger He is than our circumstances.

No comments: