Monday, March 8, 2010

How does God get your attention?

I have finally been able to go running again. With the 2 storms we had last week, the roads were too bad to go out; I did get a LOT of shovelling done though. :/
I like when I get to go running. I'm at a point where I crave it if I don't get to go, then as I start my first 10 minutes of the run I say to myself, "Ok.... so why do I crave this again???????" lol.
It was so nice out. I was able to wear gym pants and a pullover over my long sleeve T. I wasn't cold a bit. Awesome!
I also like when I go running because it helps me get my day started earlier. For some reason, I have such a hard time getting out of bed when I don't go running. Since my day is off to an earlier start, I get to actually blog! Yay!
Today I was reading in Ezekiel 8 and 9. So many things came to my attention, specifically how the world keeps saying that God has forsaken the world or that He doesn't exist but if only people would read God's Word, they would quickly notice how God shows Himself in this world and is trying to get people's attention.
The one thing of many, that I love is; God's humor. I LOVE to laugh and I think it's amazing how the Creator of our planet and galaxy has a sens of humor.
If you read Ez. 8:3, "And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem toward the north; where [was] the seat of the image of jealousy, which , to the door of the inner gate that lookethprovoketh to jealousy."
I don't know how God gets your attention when you are hard to reach but, in the past, God would take a spiritual black cast iron pan and "ding" me in the head; I'd hear a few spiritual birds flying around my head and have a huge spiritual lump and bruise on my forehead. I was all spiritual ears after that.
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who, God needs to use drastic measures to get my attention. It seems that God grabbed Ezekiel by the hair, "locks" and pulled him up to see something God wanted to show him. I am confident that this would get my attention.
I thank the Lord that He takes the necessary time to get my attention concerning things I would otherwise not get to learn and be blessed by.
Nothing like a good 'ol attention getter to get me straightened out.

No comments: