Monday, April 5, 2010

Ahhhh... the smell of spring!
I usually don't like spring much because it's wet and dirty. What can I say, I'm a full fletch girl, I don't like muck! lol Although, this spring has been different; it seems like the snow melted and presto, the ground was dry. We still had snow when I saw my tulips coming up and that got me excited for spring. I couldn't wait to see the backyard gardent begin to flourish. The snow melted, and melted and the ground where my flowers are was covered with... water. I searched for my rubber boots and found them in the basement. I dumped out what I thought would be dust and some dirt but instead, I dumped out spiders and earwigs... needless to say, I found my duckies instead (rubber shoes), and went to checkout what was peaking out. I swished, swooshed my way from one end to the other and already there was green piercing through. Yesterday, Sunday, the whole family worked together to clean the yard and once that was done, I spent time weeding the backyard flower garden. How exciting that was. Ya... I'm crazy... what can I say...lol.
Here are some before and after shots, the one with snow and the next is two days later.


I will be adding more photos as my little friends show themselves.

No comments: