Thursday, April 8, 2010

In the eye of the beholder

Matthew 6:28-29 "And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."
I admired the sunshine reflecting light color of green in my backyard flower garden. I looked upon what doesn't seem like much to the naked eye but for me, the one who weeded, broke the hardened ground, carefully watered and treated each plant, the small show of growth excites me to no end.
I rushed outside to take photographs, after we finish the school day, I had lunch and did a wash. I wanted to show the "world" what my effort has brought through. Now... you and I both know two things... the "world" is not reading MY blog... lol but also that I am not the only factor in these plants doing anything that looks like life. I am very aware the God is the one who is allowing me this blessing of seeing the fruit of my labor. I chose to describe my experience in the way I was to bring a relevance between the joy we find in growth of our investment and the joy of God our Father when He sees the growth in us after His much investment in us.
As I walked through my garden this afternoon, taking these photographs, the Holy Spirit revealed to me the joy the Father as He watches me grow and how the opposite is true that when I am making no effort to grow, how He so desires to see His investment in me flourish.
Food for thought...
Here are those photographs I took.

No comments: