Wednesday, January 21, 2009

T'is what it is.

Well, my portion has been easier to accept since I've been looking through a different pair of glasses. I mean this in a spiritual way. I feel more in control of myself since I've let go of needing to have control. I know that sounds strange but that's exactly how it is.
I've realized that I don't have control on how my kids are going to turn out but, I have control of what I'm going to show them about my love for HIM. I have control over the line they will or will not cross. I have control over loving them and listening to the same story for the 5th time. I have control over not getting angry over spilt milk. (Gravity seems to be a homeschool unit study, all on it's own around here. LOL)
The less I try to control, the more control I actually have.
Asside from that, I am encouraged. Things had not been moving very fast with the house and my husband decided to take 2 weeks off to work on the house. I'm so glad. I know that things will progress more now.
We are also staying in a hotel over the weekend, since, I used my airmiles to reserve a room for my husband, the kids and me. It's my husband's birthday Saturday and he mentioned a couple of weeks ago that he was disappointed that he wouldn't have his cake at the dinningroom table. He also mentioned how he can't wait to just go take a shower when he needs to and wants to. SO.... I put those two together and we are going to a restaurant for lunch on Saturday (between both hockey tournament games) and he will get his cake at the dinningroom table plus, after the afternoon game, we will go to the hotel so we can go swimming, which my DH loves to do with the kids, take our shower, watch Hockey Night in Canada, eat popcorn etc. I'm so looking forward to give him his birthday present!
Anyway, I will post some pictures in "my photo album" soon, like I said, not much has been moving. I will be posting some beautiful pictures of the trees around our yard. It snowed, then freezing rain, then more snow and the trees are sparkling in the orange gold sunrise. Absolutely breath taking!
Keep your blessings counted.

No comments: