Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What's up!

Well, things are progressing at the house. We don't realize how much TV changes our way of thinking until you have a similar experience and somehow the TV show becomes a seed of resentment, envy and confusion.
What am I talking about?
Take "Extreme Makeovers the Home Edition" They have huge houses demolished and rebuilt in 7 days and in our television experience, 7 days is equivalent to 1 hour.
Now compare that to our experience. ahhhhhhh you get it! Here we are, working on week 7 of the renovation and things are not quite where I'd like them to be. I expected to be decorating my home for Christmas, having friends over and enjoying my home, although in the process of renovations, not quite to this extreme.
This has really been, thus far, a lesson in God's timing and will for things. One can wonder and try to understand why the house can't be liveable but why bother? Will it change anything? It's better just to trust and wait on the Lord for His timing.
At first, I mean, wayyyyyyy at first, when we still lived on the Bahama.... :/ the kitchen would be the very last thing worked on so I was to be patient and not expect great things with it until the rest of the house was done. I agreed and didn't become bitter. Low and behold, the kitchen will be the first indoor thing to be completed. I wonder if God chose to bless my good attitude?!
This is a perfect example that I feel God is using to remind me that everything is under control. The weather we've been having is another example of His faithfullness.
I want to have peace in my life and although being in my new home would be great, it would not garantee peace. If I wait on God and choose to be in His will, accepting where we are with the renos and wait for His timing, I am garanteed peace. Exd 33:14 "And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest."
There was some work done on the house so I've put a new album for you to see. There are some before and not quite afters to check out so enjoy!
Keep the peace.

No comments: