Monday, December 22, 2008

OK!?......

I've never physically been punched in the face and had those birds chirping around my head, my eyes turning in circles, like the cartoons do but I'm sitting here with a feeling of being able to relate to that feeling. Not necessarily the hit but cartoon effect after the blow.
Those of you in this area have felt the effects of the storm that was a bit mysterious. The details of it kept changing. I thought maybe it was one of those weather "events" that would just not happen. (ha ha... jokes on me)
I "wish" I could effectively communicate the experience of being in the RV and the journey of this all. It's not really bad in a physical sense although it requires adjustment to the environment; space wise, and it requires a lot of mental preparation and emotional strength. I must be honest, I have no idea how a person who has no personal relationship with God could go through this. I have Him by my side, coaching me through the frustrating times and holding me close in the discouraging times.
My deaf friends gave me a Christmas gift with the footprints poem on it and it is so true. I have the same poem on my bible case. I really like that poem.
Last night, the RV rocked back and forth in the wind and I could hear the tarp, on the roof of the house, flapping in the wind. I heard the boards slapping against one another and wondered if the house would make it through the storm. I got out of bed a few times to check through the window and saw that it was still standing. With a sigh of relief, I noticed the back door had flung open so I put on my boots and raced over to the house to close it. I went in at first to get my ketch my breath and saw the snow drifts in the basement and in the mudroom. I had decided that I had to make sure that door didn't open again. I closed it shut and pulled on it as hard as I could but it slipped out of jam. I worked at it for a while and finally it stayed but this morning my husband told me it was open again.
You know, it sort of like us isn't it? Jesus says in Revelation 3:320, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Sometimes, especially those who have never accepted Jesus Christ as their Saviour, see the door, maybe even hear the knock on the door of our heart, and do everything in our power to make sure the door stays shut. We don't want to let Jesus in to have an effect on us, change us, cover our sins and transgressions against God and make us "white as snow." Says Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. "
I must say, I'm really starting to have that ownership feeling for the house. I went upstairs and saw all that snow on the floor and wanted to clear it out. In some places, there was over 2' of snow. I nailed the boards back up, put some other one on some holes, push some snow over but the wind kept blowing it back in. I felt heavy in my heart for my home. Wanting so much to make it right, make it my home once and for all. Oddly enough, although everything is in a mess right now, it's my home. I'm so looking forward to being able to be living inside my home and warming it up, keeping it clean, and filling it up with the Lord's presence. I hope I get to do that soon. It's like Dorothy says in the movie, "The Wizard of Oz", "There's no place like home".
It obviously makes me think of Heaven and how much better that place will be.
There's no place like home....

(don't forget to check out the update photos in my album)

No comments: