Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just moving along


So much has been happening at the house and the Lord has been showing me so much in the last days, it's really exciting.
First, my dad is home for the next 3 weeks, for Christmas. He works out in Alberta, as for my brother. It's REALLY nice to have him home. My brother arrives this Friday. It will be so nice to have us all together for a little while.
The house is coming along really well. They, notice it's not "we"...lol, gutted all the inside of the entire house. We didn't expect to have to do all that but since we found quite a few dead rats and mice, my husband decided it would be best. This will make it easier for the plumber and electrician to do their job. The house needs to be completely rewired and the plumbing needs to be redone. If you check out our photo album, you'll see the updated pictures and you'll see the work "Pitou" and his brother did yesterday, in the storm.
I need to brag on "Pitou" for a minute because I was taught to give credit where credit is due. If you are planning on doing ANY type of building or renovating, I highly recommend "Deveau Framing". "Pitou" who's real name is Francis... don't ask... worked out in Calgary but is from here and is a good worker, takes his work seriously and does it well. My husband is VERY happy with his work because he takes the time it needs to do things right but is not a slow worker. He knows what he's doing and it shows.
There.... lol
As for what the Lord has been showing me... He has been showing me so many things in His word but the one that stands out the most is for my kids. Proverbs 16:6 says, "By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil." God showed me and pressed on my heart when I read this that by showing mercy (compassion, pity, or benevolence) to my children and remembering to constantly expose them to truth (the bible) my children will have the tools for better discernment, and making the right choices.
Another thing in particular was Proverbs 17:1 "Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife." It is better to live in the RV and love one another, be kind one to another etc than work hard on the house and be fighting, arguing and being bitter. Our house will not be a home if so many people helped to build it and we, the family, couldn't stop being selfish, bitter and resentful to help build our home.
I want our house to be a home where people love to and receive blessing and sense the love and compassion that our Lord has been more than generous with toward us; towards me.
I love my Jesus so much but I fail to show it as much as I should. He has been so merciful, kind, compassionate and forgiving that I should mirror that back to others. I want Him to have the freedom to show Himself in our home so that others will be drawn to Him.
Keep close to Him.

No comments: