Thursday, February 3, 2011

The altar

Last night, since bible study was cancelled, the children and I watched North Valley Baptist Church's online archived preaching. One of my favorite preachers is Mike Johnson and he preached on September 13, 2010.
We watched and laughed but most of all, God spoke to my heart.
It's really worth watching. Just go to www.nvbc.org , then click on the archived video which is beside the photograph of the church's pastor, Bro. Trieber. Click on the link, scroll down until you see Mike Johnson or the date of Sept. 13, 2010. You can watch the whole thing but since it is the pastor and workers conference, there are many announcements and awards so we just skipped that after a while. I put the sliding cursor that shows the time in play, to the middle and the preaching started soon after.
The one major thing that spoke to me was the altar. The altar is a place of:
  • Yieldedness
  • Supplication
  • Separation
I need to "rebuild" my altar so it will be a place of these three purposes. During my prayer time, while at my altar (obviously figuratively), my heart needs to be surrendered, humbled.
His message, was and is, just what I needed to hear; doing all the "right" things; what I'm "supposed" to do, but yet the fire of God is missing.
I'm "just" a stay at home mom and sometimes I get caught up in the routine of things and feel like I'm doing nothing for God. I forget to look at the big picture, "see the need" and go to my altar to ask God, after I've done all I need and supposed to do, and ask Him to send the fire.
Yesterday, I was torn if I should go to church or not because of the weather. I said to God, "Lord, I'm throwing out the fleece. If it is your will for me to stay home, have pastor cancel church." and he did. When church is cancelled, we always watch "church" online with Bro. Trieber, so we are not forsaking the assembling of the church and I always get blessed and taught something that is lacking in my life.
The other thing the Lord spoke to me about is that I need to start blogging again. He's the one who had me start but He never said to stop. I can't imagine what I can put on it that would make a big difference but He obviously thinks there is so... keep me accountable as I try to make sure that I blog at least 3 times a week, the things God is showing me and teaching me.

No comments: