Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sweet Sixteen....

I can't believe it! Today I'm forty years old. (For those who think there's a psychological reason I wrote forty and not 40.... really. ha ha)
I don't feel any older, actually I feel really young. Maybe it's because I exercise regularly, I'm not sure but I feel younger than I've felt... ever I think. hee hee hee hee Strange.
For those of you who have not turned 40 yet, here is my insight on it. For a woman, turning 40 is almost an accomplishment. Being 40 is like the sweet 16 all over again. It's a new beginning with taking care of yourself, your philosophy about life and your approach to it. You don't seem to want to "sweat the small" stuff anymore. Maybe it's that we've been ironing out the wrinkles of life and now they are almost invisible. (If we would use starch right from the beginning, we would have the wrinkles out a long time ago!) So much is coming my way in life that I'm really excited to see what's in store for the first year of this new chapter in my life.
(psst! You know you're getting "old" when you write an homage to yourself on your birthday....LOL)
This morning, I woke up to a sign my eldest son made for me it said, "Happy 40th!". I then got ready for my day and my children had made me breakfast, it was on the table with a note saying, "From Samuel, Dominique, Jacob and Marielle Happy Birthday!" In front of my plate was nice bouquet of flowers (fake from the bouquet I had at the front door hee hee hee) and with Sunny Delight "orange" juice. What a blessing! I decided that we might take the whole day off from school, make it a family holiday. ha ha ha.
The past few years have been hard ones for me but I'm Sweet sixteen again and excited about what's waiting for me.

1 comment:

What Love! said...

Really encouraging and sweet. I just turned 35 this week and after stopping the gym for a few months I went back yesterday. I started cutting out sugar this week and thats a great feat for a "baker's" daughter. Is it that I am more afraid of getting older that motivates these changes? Or am I becoming more responsible? I would like to think the latter..LOL Thanks for this post !!