Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Until Then...

I have a complex day happening; my heart is heavy yet I feel blessed beyond belief.
Three dear friends of mine, who love the Lord with all their heart, are going through some really though times.
One has always been faithful to God, loves and serves Him the best she can, but her marriage has been falling apart for years. Her husband, although a nice man when he chooses, has been very emotionally abusive towards her, the kids and even the pet. She seeks God daily to have strength to continue trying until her husband gets a hold of God. This has been a long haul for her.
My second friend also is a godly woman. Her daughter was hit by a passenger van while it was backing up. My friend is presently sitting at the side of her 6/7 year old daughter hospital bed of the children's hospital waiting for her precious daughter to receive God's healing. A lacerated liver, bruised lung and kidney keeps this child in limp and weak.
My third friend has been challenged by marital issues for many years, her daughter was in Haiti when they had their major earthquake but praise God she was ok and came back home fairly quickly. Just yesterday, my friend brought her daddy to the hospital for the third time where he died in the afternoon.
I am so burdened for these friends of mine that I can't stop thinking of them. God has an amazing way of showing Himself in the darkest of night though. During my prayer time, this morning, I lifted my friends up to Him and He show me how blessed I was to have friends who no matter the heat within the flames, they have not turned their back on Him or given up hope in Him.
As I ironed the clothes, I was listening to the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir via CD and their song "The Light Of That City" really spoke to my heart. Here are the lyrics.

IN this house we've built of make believe
Loved ones go long before, seems it's time to leave
We will learn how to grieve to forgive and receive
Till we see them there in that city

Span of stars overhead, as we walk this road
While this darkness remains I will bear your load
And together we will tend the seed He's sown.
As we walk along the road to that city

On that day we will sing, Holy, Holy
On that day we'll bow down in the light
And then we'll rise turn our eyes
To the Lord Jesus Christ on that day

Though my eyes can't see what it waiting there
Though my mind can't conceive all that He's prepared
There the blind will see the sun, what was old will be young
And the lame, they will run, all over the streets of that city

On that day we will sing, Holy, Holy
On that day we'll bow down in the light
And then we'll rise turn our eyes
To the Lord Jesus Christ on that day

One day, we will be in heaven to praise Him for His glory, until then, we have a work to do; not be overwhelmed by the cares of this world but seek those who are lost and tell them of the precious gift God has given us through His Son.

..."Until then...."

No comments: