Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Isn't it funny?!?


You Know You're Getting Old When...



  • All of your favorite movies are now re-released in color.
  • In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
  • It takes twice as long to look half as good.
  • Many of your co-workers were born the same year that you got your last promotion.
  • No one expects you to run into a burning building.
  • People call at 9 p.m. and ask, "Did I wake you?"
  • When getting lucky means you find your car in the parking lot.
  • When happy hour is a nap.
  • When you are cautioned to slow down by your doctor instead of the police.
  • When you step off a curb and look down one more time to make sure that the street is still there.
  • When you wake up with that morning-after feeling, and you didn't do anything the night before.
  • When your birth certificate says expired on it.
  • You are proud of your lawn mower.
  • You begin every other sentence with, "Nowadays..."

Those who know me, know that I LOVE to laugh!! I love humor. I love having fun, the fast pace of life and being on the go. So it is no surprise to them that I think getting old is hilarious! Now... I have the right to say that because I AM getting old. :) :/ :( hee hee hee. Those who know me also know that when I'm nervous... I laugh a LOT! So, do I think growing old is hilarious or am I just nervous?????? NAH! I think it's hilarious.
I am having a reality check type of day and it's only 9:12 am.... could be a long day lol. I was getting ready, after having my 5k run, spending time alone with the Lord and showered. As I was drying my hair, I noticed, like every other time I blow dry my hair, those strong, feisty and proud grey hair. I felt almost surprised although I see them everyday! I sort of feel played a bad joke because in my mind and body, I feel 25 at the most and when I see my grey hair it spins me into a billow of thoughts about my life. Is this the definition of "mid-life crisis"? LOLOLOL, hahahaha!
The bible says, in Proverbs 20:29, "
The glory of young men [is] their strength: and the beauty of old men [is] the gray head". It's only by reading the bible on a regular basis that a woman can learn that this scripture for woman could be translated that the glory of young women is their tight skin: and the beauty of old women is their wisdom. I might not have the shape or youthfulness I used to have but one thing I do have now that I didn't before is wisdom. Not a huge abundance of it but much more than when I was a young adult. So, as I look at my grey hair, although my hairdresser told me to say that I had chrome highlights done, I will continue to do what I can to defy gravity, without spending a fortune I must add, but remember that getting older is a privilege and honor. It is a responsibility to those coming behind us to show that life becomes more abundant, fulfilling and exciting. I guess in one word, growing older as I walk with the Lord is "richness". For those of you, like me, who's boat has left the youthdock, be encouraged and motivated to enjoy life at a new level. We don't have to be the Titanic but the Star of India. (It's worth googling... see photo)

No comments: