Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Love of God.

Everyday, reading God's word, He shows me something new. Sometimes it is just a small simple thing, and sometimes it's revolutionary for me.
I was reading Hosea 3:1 "Then said the LORD unto me, Go yet, love a woman beloved of [her] friend, yet an adulteress, according to the love of the LORD toward the children of Israel, who look to other gods, and love flagons of wine." The previous chapter spoke of the adulterous woman who seeks out her lovers for satisfaction and to meet her needs, instead of her husband. This is us as we seek for the things of this world to satisfy us and meet our needs instead of staying or turning to God for His provision and love. In chapter 3 verse 1, the Lord pressed on my heart that when we love people who show us no affection, respect, friendship, kindness etc. and we continue to love them with God's love, He allows us to experience, gain knowledge and understanding of His love for us.
After I read verse one of this chapter, I sat dumbfounded by this. It's not always easy to be the Christian we need to be, even more, the wife and mother we need to be. Unconditional love is something, husbands, wives and parents face daily even hourly. Having to make a conscious decision to love someone even when they might not return anything but the cold shoulder, disobedience, disrespect or even hate. It takes the kind of love that only God can give, which we need to be in fellowship with Him, so that we might be a conduit of this love to others.
It never ceases to amaze me that God is continually seeking ways to draw us closer to Him.
We are so undeserving of His love, grace, mercy and truth.
I love you Lord. xo

No comments: