Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Great Truth

I love the Bible! We can find instruction and direction through every issue in life. You have a problem with a person; it has all you need to know how to deal with them. You want to change; it has all the answers there. It is not categorized which leaves you to search out the scriptures, memorize them and draw closer to the author. No other book does the same.
This morning, as I spent my time with God, He showed me some Thruths that pierced my heart and challenged me to live more righteously.
Proverbs 19:19 "A man of great wrath will suffer punishment, for if thou deliver him yet thou must do it again." Children who rebel and refuse to obey, show wrath in their attitudes. They will suffer punishment, and once they become adults, this could be costly to them. Really loving our children means punishing them now otherwise, you will be continually dealing with this rebellious wrath.
Yesterday I had this situation with one of my children. I fought and fought with that child trying to give them chance after chance. It came to the point that I needed to call my husband and he came home from work to deal with this child. There was no spanking or yelling, yet the rest of day was wonderful and I even got an apology for their attitude.
Proverbs 19:8 "He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good." Loving yourself is seeking wisdom, not fame and flattery.
1 Corinthians 2:5 "That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. " Our faith should not be based on our own wisdom but on the power of God. How much greater faith we could have.
1 Corinthians 2:9 "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." My home is just that. How I love and thank God for my home, but how much the more will be home in my mansion with Jesus who died for me, when I'm in Heaven!
Take time to be in God's word that you may find His Truths.
Keep seeking.

No comments: