Monday, February 8, 2010

Interresting stuff...

I had a good week of running last week; running 5km on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (break on Thursday) and Friday. On Saturday I ran 9.2Km (those .2 of a Km are very important!). Today, I went for my run but I was a bit tired since my husband and I watched the Superbowl. Well...he did, I went to bed at 10pm. This morning, the roads were full of snow and even the cars were driving slow. I accepted the challenge and although it was hard, slippery and sometimes frustrating, I chose to just do the best I could. I might of ran slower....let me rephrase that, although my feet were going the same speed, my body did not get home as quickly. Confusing?... Try running in the sand... lol you'll get my drift. :) The Holy Spirit just really spoke to me that I just had to try my best and leave the rest. I know by experience that God cares about the small, insignificant things just as He does someone's soul. He cares about my desire to run a 10k and maybe eventually the Boston Marathon so He is helping me train. Will they have snow covered roads in Boston? Probably not, if so, I assume it would be cancelled. But, I know that soldiers sometimes endure hard training which is not directly related to war scenarios but it does build them up, give them confidence and helps them to endure the situations better. I knew that if the Lord took the time to send snow on my community, allowed the plows to not pass by and woke me up at 5:25am, it meant I needed to go running and follow God's physical training exercise for today. I know that one day I'll be thankful. I think that's what Pastor meant in his message on Sunday morning. ... duh ya think???
Today, as I read in Jeremiah chapter 50-52, something really stuck out to me. It was verse 4 of chapter 50, "Come, and let us join ourselves to the LORD in a perpetual covenant [that] shall not be forgotten."
The two things that stuck out to me was that WE join OURSELVES to the Lord and not the other way around which we often try to do. We have something set in our minds like how others should be or what should go on in our life and we walk as if God is following us. ... ... ... HELLO!? Wrong.
The other thing was a "perpetual covenant". Perpetual means continual and covenant is a promise, and there you have a perpetual covenant, a continual promise to God and others that you will be consistent in trying the best you can to follow God and do right.
I can't get over how scarce the number of REAL strong Christians. Those who are not ashamed and press forward. We have it so easy here in North America compared to places where the stronger Christians are; being in places where they are not just looked at funny but actually murdered for their faith.
Some people find it difficult to read the old testament and sometimes I find it difficult to relate to or wrap my mind around but one thing is for sure, they went through some amazing things and, in addition to the law, we have so much to learn.
I'm challenged by this scripture and as soon as I can get myself a canvas and paint, I'm adding this scripture to my walls.I want my life to not be forgotten and to be an example of a commitment I made to my God and Saviour to just give my best and leave the rest.

No comments: