Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Putting things into perspective

One of the things we've incorporated in our homeschooling are "life books". Books that have a lot of information about a person, place or thing and time. Our first book was the biography of Corrie Ten Boom. When I was first saved, two VERY important things happened to put me on a path that kept me. Those two things are that my aunt, while answering my questions about God and Christianity, showed me ALL the answers in the bible. That is why my journey is completely guided by it and IT is my authority to life. The second thing is while I was a "babe in Christ", just starting my walk with Him, I saw the film, "The Hiding Place". I cried... It help to give me an understanding of what is asked of a Christian, give it your all, none of this half hearted Christianity stuff. That is why I live the way I do. I still have a looooooonnnnnnng (long) way to go. I have so much to learn.
I would encourage you to read one of her biographies, either from the Heroes of the Faith collection or "The Hiding Place". I am posting the trailer of the movie.
I also wanted to blog last Friday to post some pictures of the kids. We got 2-3 inches of snow last Friday and they got up early to go play. I took pictures but it was still dark and they didn't come up good. I took these ones later. lol
This snow stayed until Sunday when it was +16 degrees Celsius and raining. Needless to say... it melted.
I am so glad to be home with my kids. I love seeing them grow up, learn to read, write, become good citizens. I love looking them into their eyes and seeing who they are. Don't get me wrong, they frustrate me like crazy sometimes but, I can't imagine my life without them, nor do I want to.
Here are the photos and the video clip.
Keep your head up, better times are coming.

No comments: