Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What's your favorite thing?

I must say that my favorite thing, as a mom, is to listen to my children playing. When I hear their individual voices playing the part of one of their toy, whether a "dinky car", a doll, polly or pony. They invent a script as they go along. I will often sit somewhere in secret, with my coffee, and listen to them narrating the thoughts of their imagination. Today, I was making brown bread and washing the dishes when I decided to check up on the kids. I knew they were playing "Pirate" in the back yard, I knew all was going well, because nobody had come in crying or talebearing. I went to the back window and saw there a beautiful sight. They all had taken mismatched fabric that I had in my room, and wrapped it around their head as bandannas. Samuel made himself a patch with some thread and cardboard. I had to take photos since it was priceless and a blessing to me. My brother and I rarely got along so to see my 4 children playing together, which they often do, greatly blesses me. I was difficult to take photographs without them noticing so excuse the angles. Being a mom for me, is a times, very hard because I'm a very selfish person with my time. I quickly get impatient with my children because they "interrupt" me often. God has been teaching me and showing me my sin of pride and I greatly appreciate Him allowing me to have these children. I pray I can be a better mom, everyday. Proverbs 27:23-24 "Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. For riches are not for ever: and doth the crown endure to every generation?" Keep being diligent.

1 comment:

Traci Allison said...

Hi. I am sort of new to blogging and I happened upon your blog. Just wanted to tell you I loved what you posted today, and your perspective on things as a mother and Christian. I am also inspired by the story of your 7-year-old son. Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day!