Sunday, March 15, 2009

How high...


Have you ever looked at the sky and wondered how high it is?

Since we moved to the country, I'm often taken back by the beauty of the stars pressing against the dark velvety sky.

Tonight was another of those nights. I just looked up and stared at a rippling cloud gliding on what seem to be a glass protecting this beauty of stars. It just rolled passed the place where I stood and I was in awe. Gazing at the enormity of the galaxy which we can never comprehend where it's end could be.

I'm looking forward to the summer when the ground is dry. I want to snuggle with my kids and husband on a blanket, on the warm ground so we can just stare at this wonder.

The longer you look into the sky, the further it seems the stars (and satelites) are.

I heard of a man who actually said that he visited the galaxy, (the sky) and never saw God... really!? I wish I could of talked to him. I'd have a few questions for him.

When you whizzed through your GRACE GIVEN path, what did you see?

When each of your children were born, what did you see?

When you struggled through life's complexity, what did you see?

When you wanted to give up, what did you see?

When you fell in love, what did you see?

When you were held in your mother's arms after you had a nightmare or hurt your knee, what did you see?

Don't tell me you slid through God's created atmosphere to then pass into a shower of stars, meteorites, planets and moons and yet you still couldn't see God.

A deaf friend of mine told me that hearing people hear with their ears but they hear with their eyes.

I would tell the "blind man" 1 Samuel 16:7 "for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart".

Tonight, look up... way up! If you live in the city, it's worth the trip to the country. Just park in a clearance so you can just kick back your seat and stare out the side window and be amazed at what God created and how beautifully He creates.

No comments: