Tuesday, July 8, 2008

To be... or not to be...


I arrived from a women's conference a couple of weeks ago. It was such an encouragement! Since then, certain things that the Lord showed me has been a learning curve for me. One thing I prayed before I left was that He would not let me forget what He had shown me.

I wanted to share with you one of the things He has allowed me to remember because it has given me a new freedom.

Do you ever feel anoyed by all the things you have to do? Clean the house, make meals, wash the clothes, fold then iron them (my kids put them away), clean the house again, make your bed, vaccum, clean the house again, another meal etc. It seems like it never ends. Sometimes when I get consumed with those things, I get bitter that I'm the only one doing it, even if it is my "job". This thing that God has shown me, through the preacher who preached on the last evening. He said, that we should not be bitter with all that we do; we should consider what we do, a blessing to others.

Have you ever read a passage of scripture or heard the preacher say something over but THIS one time, something about it rings true. The Holy Spirit taught me something, I can do what I do to be a blessing instead of it being a burden.

The past few days have been extremely hot and humid. I've also been trying to do the things that I can't get to when we homeschool, so I've been really busy and it's been a burden at times! God is so good because He would, as soon as bitterness entered my heart, remind me of what Bro. Osteen said. I quickly told myself, do this (whatever it was) to be a blessing. Instantly my heart changed. Folding the clothes so my husband wouldn't have to search in the basket became a blessing I could give him. Washing the floor, again, was a blessing for my family, to be able to enjoy a clean floor. Washing the egg residue on the siding of our house (kids in the neighbourhood threw them on our house), a blessing for those walking behind our house to go to the city park. Picking up some toys from the livingroom floor to bless my kids who aren't old enough to endure such heat and were in the sprinkler.

I love doing things for others, like cooking a meal, making a dessert, sending a card or buying something special but somehow, doing my househod duties to BLESS my family, never crossed my mind. Funny enough, in return, I have been blessed. I have not had bitterness in my heart and I've even seen my love for my family has grown even more.

I encourage you, when you are discouraged and feeling the burden of our responsibilities, remember you have the opportunity to bless that person who will be touched or exposed by you doing that such thing. How would or did you feel if that person did it for you. Remember that blessing you would have, and give it to them instead. You will also get the blessing. The more you bless others with your giving of time and work, the more blessings you will receive.

Keep being a blessing.

No comments: