Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Are you blessed?


I cam before God's Word with a wicked heart.
I was tired from staying up the previous night; watching hockey with my husband, and I was offended by my eldest son because he did not obey me with a cheerful heart, when I asked him to do something.

I put the children to bed, expressed my frustration to my son, then I got my bible, still frustrated, to sit down under the covers of my bed and read. I opened it to Psalm 32:1 which says, "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered."

OUCH!!!!! That truth hurt!

I certainly didn't feel blessed so I must of transgressed against God and my sin was not yet forgiven.(Go figure!)

Sometimes, God doesn't beat around the bush with me. I think He's so annoyed with my pride that when I come face to face in the mirror of His word, He shows my sin right away without compassion.

Some of you might not understand the connection between my son's disobedience and my pride. Here it is; I was not offended by his disobedience because he was transgressing/rebelling God's law/guidance of Ephesians 6:1-3. I was offended because I wanted something done he didn't care to do what I wanted. "How dare you?! Don't you know who I am?" my prideful heart said.

I was so convicted by this passage that I could not read on. I had to confess my sin of pride and anger to my holy and righteous God, besides, He only wants what's best for me.

I did that and like 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

I went on to read the rest of Psalm 32, and just like God said, I was blessed now that my transgression was forgiven.

I read how David had sin in his life and in verse 5, he confessed it and just like me, God forgave him.

Then the Lord encouraged me by telling me, in this Psalm, how much it pleases Him when we seek His purity in our heart and life.

Then He spoke to me, asking me to not harden my heart with sin because I will no longer be able to learn of Him nor from Him.
Now I was blessed and I knew those lines of communication, between God and me, were open again.

To be cleansed of sin is a great thing. Something worth praising God for.

Keep that phone line clear.

No comments: